The Cobb Collaborative is a Funding Information Network partner of Candid. As a partner, Cobb Collaborative provides free access to the most comprehensive information available on foundation and corporate giving. It features electronic resources as well as professional staff to assist visitors. Contact Irene Barton, Executive Director at email@example.com with any questions.
How to access Candid tools at Cobb Collaborative
Foundation Directory Professional and Grants to Individuals are available for in-person access at our location by appointment.
Foundation Directory Essential is available for remote access throughout 2021 by request by emailing Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org After you receive the link via email, you will be asked to create an account and sign up for a day pass. The day pass allows you to use Foundation Directory Essential remotely in a 24-hour window. There is a clock at the top of the screen that will tell you how much time remains in the pass. After the 24 hours, the clock will show the next date on which you can activate a new pass (every 30 days).
Since you will be able to create an individual account in Foundation Directory Essential, you will have access to the MyFDO features that were not previously available. You’ll be able to create dashboards, tag favorite grantmakers, and save searches, and return to these each time you
activate a new pass. The day pass allows Candid to continue providing remote access in a secure and automated way to people all over the world.
Making the most of each Foundation Directory Essential day pass for remote access.
Our data shows that most Foundation Directory subscribers log in for an hour or so to do concentrated research. While the day pass gives you 24 consecutive hours per month, here are the ways in which you can maximize your usage
- Prepare: Before logging in for the first time, explore how you can use Foundation Directory by watching Candid’s online tutorials.
- Timing: Log in at a time when you can come back to the site (if needed) within a 24-hour period. For instance, logging in at 1PM would give you the ability to log back in on the same pass the next morning at 9AM.
- Offline research: Take advantage of Foundation Directory’s robust download/email features; you can run searches on Foundation Directory Essential and then download or email yourself the prospect list for offline reviewing.
- MyFDO: When you’re logged in, you can use the features of MyFDO to create personal dashboards, tag favorite grantmakers, and save searches under your username. Then you can return to them each time you activate a new pass and pick up exactly where you left off.
- One-on-one support: If there is a piece of information that you need to find while you are waiting for your next pass, reach out to Irene Barton at email@example.com to ask for assistance.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects nonprofits, foundations, and individuals to the resources they need to do good, building on 88 years of dedicated experience.
About Foundation Directory
With Foundation Directory, you can put Candid’s extraordinary database and fundraising expertise to work for your organization, project, or client, while uncovering information on hundreds of thousands of U.S. foundations. It’s the smartest, fastest way to win more funding.
About Grants to Individuals
Candid’s Grants to Individuals tool includes profiles of 10,000 grantmakers with details on funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals such as students. In-person use only.
Nonprofit trainings at Candid Learning
Candid Learning is your single destination for trainings, resources, and learning experiences to improve the way you do your work. Register for webinars on perfecting your proposal, find self-paced e-learning on cultivating relationships with individual donors, and chat in real time with our staff about board development and emergency funds: https://learning.candid.org/
Online Librarians are more than willing to assist you if you need additional support with Candid resources. You can go to https://learning.candid.org/ask-us/ to start up a chat.
Get noticed with GuideStar nonprofit profiles
A GuideStar profile enables your organization to get noticed by millions of potential donors and have your information shared with 200+ charitable partners (like Facebook and AmazonSmile). Updating your profile and earning Seals of Transparency is free. Here are some best practices on
how to get started: https://learn.guidestar.org/profile-best-practices