- This event has passed.
Critical Issues Forum – Childcare as a Barrier
October 18 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
In partnership with Collaborative member, Nana Grants and the Cobb Community Foundation,
the Cobb Collaborative is pleased to bring this program for our community.
Eliminating Child Care as a Barrier to Economic Mobility
Join us for an in-depth discussion of child care as a barrier to economic mobility for low-income families. Learn how a lack of quality, affordable child care prevents families from taking advantage of valuable educational, job training, behavioral/wellness, and other support services. Our panel of experts will discuss:
* The economics of child care for low-income families
* The multigenerational impact of quality early childhood education
* How a lack of child care makes it difficult for educational and service organizations to reach families with children
* Why child care should be part of every economic and workforce development initiative
* Solutions for making child care more accessible to families in need