- This event has passed.
October 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Our work to help Cobb become a trauma-informed community continues! This excellent training from the Child Welfare Training Collaborative will provide participants with foundational knowledge about child trauma and child traumatic stress. The training focuses on the impact of complex trauma on behavior and development, and helps participants identify strategies for working in a school setting with children who have experienced trauma. REGISTER HERE
- Child Trauma: Definitions and Types of Trauma
- How Trauma affects Children and Youth
- Overview of Impact of Trauma on the Brain
- Managing Physical and Psychological Safety for Children
- Enhancing Child Well-being and Resilience
Three CEU hours are provided for the following: MSW (core), LPC and LMFT (related), DECAL/BFTS, FVIP, POST, Babies Can’t Wait Project SCEIs in Area I | Children and Families – Birth to 8 CEUs, and Nursing.