- This event has passed.
Trauma 101 – Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Children (Virtual)
October 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
About this Event
The training focuses on the impact of complex trauma on behavior and development, and helps participants identify strategies for working in a school setting with children who have experienced trauma.
- Child Trauma: Definitions and Types of Trauma
- How Trauma affects Children and Youth
- Overview of Impact of Trauma on the Brain
- Managing Physical and Psychological Safety for Children in a school setting
- Strategies for Educators to Enhance Child Well-being and Resilience
The Trauma 101 training is approved for 3 hours of continuing education for MSW (core), LPC and LMFT (related), DECAL/Bright from the Start (BFTS), FVIP, POST, Babies Can’t Wait Project SCEIs in Area I | Children and Families – Birth to 8 CEUs, and nursing.