ABC (Agencies Building Capacity) Workshop
May 17 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Getting Ready for Grants will assist nonprofit executive and development professionals in expanding their grant proposal development and funding research skills. This training will give program participants a framework for which to:
- Assess their organization’s readiness to pursue public and private grants.
- Build capacity by helping staff and volunteers understand how they can support grant efforts.
- Research public and private funding opportunities that align with their mission.
- Understand what funders are looking for and how to stand out in a crowd.
- Build realistic grant budgets and apply appropriate writing styles.
- Develop and submit strong, competitive grant proposals.
Our workshop will be led by Ashlie James, Founder and President of Thrive Mission Resources. Not only is Ashlie a member of the Collaborative, she has over 15 years of professional and volunteer experience, having served alongside and consulted for charitable, faith-based, and educational organizations of all sizes and scopes. She has a wide range of administrative, executive, development, and communications experience having served in all levels of charitable organizations. Her career achievements include a successful track record of over $27 million in funded state, federal, and foundation grant proposals and management of over $19 million dollars in funded grant programs. With bachelor’s and master’s degrees in biblical studies and nonprofit leadership, her passion for serving others is filtered through a ministry and community lens with an aim of building and supporting programs and initiatives that empower people to lead better lives and secure sustainable futures.
Click here for registration.