- This event has passed.
Delivering Trauma-Informed Customer Service
November 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Georgia State University Child Welfare Training Collaborative is presenting “Delivering Trauma-Informed Customer Service” on Thursday, November 30, 2023 from 9:00AM-12:30PM. This is a virtual training opportunity.
This training focuses on the use of empathy and a trauma-informed perspective to support individuals who have a history of or are in the midst of, traumatic experiences. The course is designed to increase professionals’ ability to adjust their practices and approaches to better meet the needs of the individuals they serve. Attendees will learn strategies they can immediately put into practice.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define the different types of trauma
- Describe the significance of cultural trauma
- Describe adverse childhood experiences and their potential lifelong impact
- Describe the foundational skills of empathy, genuineness, and respect and how these skills support the delivery of trauma-informed customer service
- Apply focused listening, questioning, and non-verbal communication skills to support the delivery of trauma-informed customer service
Click here for registration.
CEUs: Hours – 3: This training is approved for three hours of continuing education for core social work, related licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, DECAL/Bright from the Start, family violence intervention specialists (FVIP), POST, Babies Can’t Wait Project SCEIs in Area 1 Children and Families-Birth to 8, and nursing.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 470-279-1785.