- This event has passed.
Trauma 101 Child Welfare Training
October 30, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Trauma 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Children
Course Length: 3.5 Hours
This 3 hour workshop will provide participants with foundational knowledge about child trauma and
child traumatic stress. Three types of child trauma are defined. The workshop focuses on the impact of
complex trauma on behavior and development, and helps participants identify strategies for working with
children who have experienced trauma.
• Child Trauma: Definitions and Types of Trauma
• How Trauma affects Children and Youth
• Overview of Impact of Trauma on the Brain
• Managing Physical and Psychological Safety for Children
• Enhancing Child Well-being and Resilience
We are grateful for the support of the Cobb EMC Foundation in bringing trauma awareness to our community.