- This event has passed.
Virtual Mandated Reporter Training
July 25 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Child serving professionals and volunteers may suspect child abuse or have a child disclose abuse to them through their work with children. However, barriers such as fear of reporting, the inability to recognize all forms of child maltreatment, and vague organizational policies may prevent professionals from making a report of child maltreatment.
Mandated Reporter Training Objectives:
- Understand how the laws around mandated reporting affect mandated reporters.
- Describe the process for handling a disclosure of abuse.
- Describe the mandated reporter’s role in reporting suspected abuse and neglect.
- Identify physical and behavioral indicators of the legally recognized types of abuse and neglect in Georgia.
- Identify which groups of children may be at higher risk of being abused or neglected.
- Describe the steps necessary to report suspected abuse or neglect.
Click here for registration. Please note that registration is REQUIRED and limited to one attendee per email address. If you want to register someone else, you must use their email address. If this event reaches capacity, a waitlist feature is enabled.