Mind Your Mind Speaks Podcast: Episode 22
In this episode, Cobb Collaborative Executive Director, Irene Barton, has a conversation with Lisa King. Lisa is a school counselor as well as an author, mom, and national presenter for both faculty and parent groups across the country. She is passionate that we should be innovative in our educational practices so that we can help our students and families.
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris – Ted Talk
- The Deepest Well
- Emotional Agility by Susan David
- Lucy Hone – Resiliency Guru
- Biggest mental health challenges in children and youth – anxiety
- Children are absorbing/reflecting emotions from the adults in their lives. Children are good absorbers, but not necessarily good interpreters of the emotions they are seeing.
The Growth Mindset
Three reminders: Things happen to everyone, Look for the Rainbows and Is my Behavior helping the situation
The Power of Yet – Don’t say “I can’t do that.” Say “I can’t do that yet….”