Mind Your Mind Speaks Podcast: Episode 26
In this episode, you will hear an interview between Cobb Collaborative Executive Director, Irene Barton, and Sharon Price Lightstone, MS, LPC, LLC.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor with Power Ferry Psychological Associates, Sharon works collaboratively with clients, finding the next best step for them to take to handle challenges and roadblocks in life. She get great satisfaction watching her clients improve their life through short or long-term therapy. Sharon believes a positive therapeutic relationship along with CBT and mindfulness approaches can take a client to higher levels of satisfaction and comfort.
- Powers Ferry Psychological Associates/Sharon Price Lightstone, MS, LPC, LLC
- Feeling Good by David D. Burns, MD
- Sharon encourages you to keep a gratitude journal or incorporate a “I am thankful” moment in every day.
- Use the 1 to 10 scale to probe about mental health where we rank the frequency, intensity and duration of our feelings and emotions. This is a non-confrontational way to check in with our children.
- Self care is grounded in 4 areas – nutrition, hydration, exercise and sleep. The most important one is sleep.
- Develop a routine to get ready for bed and restful slumber – turn off screens 1 hour before bedtime, write down your worries if you feel overwhelmed, establish a bedtime routine and practice grounding.