GA-506 Marietta/Cobb Continuum of Care is seeking volunteers for the 2019 Point-In-Time Homeless Count
January 30, 2019
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS – UNSHELTERED COUNT
The Marietta/Cobb Continuum of Care will conduct the 2019 Point-In-Time Count on Wednesday, January 30.
The Point-In-Time Count is a snapshot of the homeless families and individuals staying in Cobb County on a particular date – we have chosen January 30, 2019 in keeping with HUD guidelines. It is an important activity for a number of reasons, including:
- Gaining a better understanding of the number and types of homeless individuals and families in our community;
- Identifying the number of individuals and families in need of various types of shelter, as well as supporting services;
- Determining the capacity of our system to meet the need for shelter and supporting services;
- Providing a basis for allocating limited resources to meet the needs of the homeless; and
- Providing a database for use in preparing funding applications, such as the annual Supportive Housing Program application submitted to HUD each year.
Volunteers ages 18 and above are needed to assist during the night of the count. We will be surveying the unsheltered homeless who are sleeping in the woods or outdoor encampments, public parks, under a bridge or overpass, street, sidewalk, doorway, alley, inside a vehicle, or inside an abandoned building.
Must be 18 years of age or older and attend ONE training session. Training will be offered immediately prior to the count on January 30 from 5:30pm-6:30pm OR
*January 22- 11:00am-12:00pm OR **January 24- 2:00pm-3:00pm
Location- Mansour Conference Center, 995 Roswell Street, Marietta 30060
**If you attend training on either January 22 or 24, please report to the Mansour Conference Center on January 30 no later than 6:30pm.
Wednesday, January 30
7:00pm-10:00pm- Conduct Count and Surveys
If interested in volunteering, please contact Lee Smith at email@example.com.