Cobb Collaborative Upcoming Events: Week of March 7, 2022
It’s a BIG week for us at the Cobb Collaborative. We have valuable training opportunities as well as an important Senior Mental Health Town Hall coming up this week. Please be sure to register for these events to secure your spot.
Tuesday, March 8
12:00-1:00PM: TechSoup Lunch & Learn, “Ways to Improve Your Website Post-Pandemic.”
There have been changes in user behavior and privacy laws. Join Mickey Mellen, founding partner of GreenMellen which provides website services and marketing solutions to a wide variety of companies, including nonprofits. Mickey will lead us in a conversation several topics including:
- ADA compliance
- Upcoming privacy laws that will affect how data can be collected on websites (for things like Constant Contact forms)
- Users interactions with websites, including the continual push for simplicity.
Wednesday, March 9
11:30AM-1:15PM: First Quarter General Membership Meeting – Our first GMM will be held on March 9, 2022 in the Conference Center at Piedmont Church located at 570 Piedmont Road, Marietta, GA, 30066. Keynote speaker will be James (Jimmy) Gisi, Cobb County Deputy County Manager. Please click here to register.
Thursday, March 10
10:00AM-12:00PM: H.A.S.T.E (Homelessness Awareness Strategy Team Effort) – Bi-Monthly opportunity where nonprofit, government, faith, and community leaders serving those in poverty and homelessness meet to discuss and impact inequality in housing and shelter needs in Cobb County. We will meet virtually until further notice. Questions? Contact Irene Barton via email.
12:00 – 2:00PM: Senior Mental Health Town Hall – Cobb County Commissioner Jerica Richardson’s office is collaborating with Cobb Collaborative and Cobb Senior Services to host a Senior Mental Health Town Hall for senior adults and their caregivers on Thursday, March 10, from 12:00-2:30PM. It will be held at the Senior Wellness Center located at 1150 Powder Springs Street in Marietta.
The event will start at 12:00PM with a tabling event for organizations that provide mental health resources in Cobb County. The second portion of the event will be a panel discussion at 1 p.m. Experts on the panel include:
- Dr. Jatunn Gibson, Director of Cobb Senior Services
- Laura C. Jalbert, Clinical director at Mindful Transitions, LLC
- Janna Williams-Pitts, PhD – Wellstar Primary Care Behavioral Health Integration Program Lead
- Dawn Reed, founder of Aloha to Aging
- March 15, 8:00-9:00AM: Cobb Marietta Early Learning Initiative
- March 15, 2:00-3:30PM: Community Resiliency Model (CRM)®
- March 16, 9:00-11:00AM: Veterans Strategy Team
- March 18: Registration Deadline for March 30/31 Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) VIRTUAL Training*
- March 22, 8:30AM – 12:00PM: Connections Matter
- March 22, 9:00AM – 12:30PM: Trauma 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Children
- March 22, 12:00-1:00PM: Lunch & Learn – Supporting the Grieving Parent
- March 22, 1:30-5:00PM: Brain 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on the Brain
- March 30-31: *Two Day Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) VIRTUAL Training (Must register by 3/18/22)