- This event has passed.
Managing Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS)
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Participants will learn how to assess STS symptoms in themselves and others, explore factors that help to protect professionals from the negative effects of STS, and discover strategies to use these protective factors to manage STS. Participants will also assess their own personal and professional self-care and develop STS management plans.
At the conclusion of this training, participants should be able to:
- Explain the potential negative impact of STS on their personal and professional lives, their organization, and the children and families they serve
- Distinguish between Secondary Traumatic Stress and other stress-related conditions
- Identify risk factors and symptoms of STS
- Identify strategies to manage STS
- Develop an individual plan to manage STS
Three CEU hours are provided for the following: MSW (core), LPC and LMFT (related), DECAL/BFTS, FVIP, POST, Babies Can’t Wait Project SCEIs in Area I | Children and Families – Birth to 8 CEUs, and Nursing.