Mind Your Mind Speaks Podcast: Episode 30
In this episode, you will hear a conversation between Cobb Collaborative Executive Director, Irene Barton, and Heather Croas. Heather has lived with a variety of mental illnesses most of her life, is a suicide attempt survivor, and is a self-published author of two photo essay books which relate to her experience of living with mental illness. Additionally, she is the host of the MYLAR (My Look at Recovery) podcast. Heather has a goal of starting a non-profit focused on mental health advocacy through public speaking and art.
Heather will be a panelist at “Fighting the Darkness”, a panel discussion on suicide prevention and art exhibit. She says, “There will be multiple perspectives included on the panel to help people gain a better understanding of the impact and struggle associated with it.” The event will be held on September 14, 2022 at Desktop Co-working Community in Kennesaw, GA from 6:30-8:00 pm. Click here for registration.
- MYLAR (My Look at Recovery) Podcast
- The Green Phoenix – Heather Croas on Facebook
- Recovery Artist 2019 – Heather Croas on Instagram
- “Words Are Hard” – This work serves as a guide for people who deal with mental health challenges as well as their families. It was designed to help them overcome the daily stigmas regarding mental illnesses.
- “Friendship: Making Connections” – Friendship can be difficult at times, especially for those who have trouble connecting to others. This photo essay explores the aspects that can sometimes define friendship.